Friday, March 6, 2009

No spending Thursday #3 (and Tuesday) and random other things...

No Spending Tuesday and Thursday both went great this week! I am feeling pretty liberated about the whole thing. Again, not sure we are saving THAT much money, but it makes me more aware for my spending and planning! (Tommy, lets get it together babe! - can you guess which one of us struggled this week?) :)

EVERY year at this time I get so excited about being outside. We are currently working on the garage. My philosophy is, lets throw everything that isn't currently used, or a memory and if we need it again, we can buy it! Like keeping paint cans from 3 colors ago? They need to go! I will have to post before and afters on that one, pretty excited about it (I DO need to get out more!) But I also want to add to our back patio. SO I would like some new patio furniture and Kmart has lay-away! I REFUSE to charge it so I want to try lay-away instead. Is this the new trend for consumers????

I just want to make some notes from today:

Right now I hear Tommy doing the dinner dishes, LOVE HIM!

The TV in this room (bedroom) is on ESPN (more A-Rod news) baseball is getting closer!!!

Olivia is trying on Isabel's hand-me-downs (we got out the size 5s today, it is heaven for her) I hear her saying "Daddy look at your sissy!"

Olivia is really interested in the 10 Commandments. She just came to tell me "Mom, if you love Mickey Mouse more than you love God, that is bad"

Logan is quiet, he must be watching the Koala Brothers, that is the only thing that seemed to make him happy today.

We tried to get Logan excited about riding Olivia's pink and purple tricycle, it was not happening. So this week, we are looking for a new bike.

I found my college scrapbook (while cleaning out the garage) fun times! How did I EVER think I fat? Now I am depressed. :)

I found one of Grandma Mounce's photo albums. Brad and my first 5 years. Wow how things go full circle. I saw pictures of my mom feeding us dinner, now I am doing that. I saw my dad helping me while I learned to walk, I have already done that with both kids. I saw Brad and I laughing together and playing, now my kids do that together. I saw the home I grew up in with some INTERESTING wall-paper and appliance colors. I LOVE to see pictures of that house. All of this made me realize how fast life goes. I bet my mom and dad were tired, sometimes frustrated (at Brad of course) and overwhelmed. Now I am those things sometimes. Kids are the best, and these "busy" years are really so short. This was so clear to me as I wandered through my early years today.

We signed Olivia up for preschool this week, how can this be possible? We have talked at length about sending Logan as well, I KNOW he would love it. I think we are leaning to sending him too.

Ok, enough thoughts for today, wow my mind was busy! No wonder I am exhausted!

1 comment:

Jami said...

It has been awhile since I stopped by...you had lots going on today. I liked the random list of the day's occurances.