Monday, May 11, 2009

Two of a kind

Every now and then Olivia and Logan are bit by the "bickering" bug. They get along great most of the time, and all of a sudden, the smallest thing (who gets to sit where, who gets the red one, etc) becomes the end of the world.

So, there are two of the SAME swings...


And two of the SAME chairs, and two of the SAME booster seats.


One of our kitchen chairs broke and I found two rainbow chairs at Goodwill (they don't match our decor, but the kids love them) so we bought them both! Would I have purchased them if there was only one? NOT ON YOUR LIFE! I can only IMAGINE the arguments over who gets the ugly rainbow chair!

We needed new boosters seats (another story entirely)and while in Wal-mart, I had to ignore Olivia's pleas for the pink booster seat. If I had purchased pink for Olivia and green for Logan, Logan would have wanted the pink one JUST BECAUSE Olivia wanted it. NO MORE! I am onto the little people! We (the parents) will WIN!!!!

4 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

You are tooo smart my friend!! Love the swings...where did you get them??!!

J

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice when we can outsmart them every once in awhile?!

Susie said...

I am in the same boat most of the time because the kids are so close in age! I can only say, eventually Logan won't want the girly one because it has "germies" as Clay puts it! HA!

love
susie

RosyRose said...

I love this phrase...."the bickering bug"! I know that well!
I love to say...let's just all get along shall we?!!!!