As I explained to her (AGAIN) the events that took place 5 years ago today, I couldn't help but think it all went so fast. I heard someone say "The days may go slow, but the years go fast" I couldn't agree more.
Here is Olivia at the beach making a pretend birthday cake... yes we were actively planning in July...

And here is the actual "cake". Actually, Olivia doesn't like cake (she gets that from Uncle Brad, wierd, I know.) so she requested an ice cream dessert. So this ice cream pie has a chocolate cookie crust, her FAVORITE ice cream, mint chocolate chip in the middle and her second favorite, chocolate on top. Topped with peanut butter cups, her ALL TIME FAV!

Tomorrow morning we are off to "Fun time" at the preschool-age gymnastics gym with Maggie and Isabel. She STRICTLY said "NO BOYS, not even Silas" which I think is funny, as he is often in tow with Aunt Kiki :)
In a couple of weeks we head to Great Wolf Lodge with Gigi and then to Disney on Ice with Grandma J. for a "girls night".
Not to mention the American Girl trip that was technically for her birthday a couple months ago. Grandpa and Grandma W. along with us, the mommy and daddy, will be supplying her with ample outfits for Rebecca.
It's funny. I was the mom who said I wouldn't make "too big of a deal" out of my kids' birthdays, but this year it just turned into the well-thought-out, ever-expanding, almost-never-ending event Olivia hoped it would be.
Happy Birthday sis, you are so loved.
Quote of the day from Olivia:
"Mom, will Logan get a present on my birthday too?
I wouldn't want his feelings to get hurt."
2 comments:
What a sweet big sister! She doesn't want Logan to be left out :)
I honestly thought you were going to say "a new camera!". too funny! happy bday miss olivia
susie
Post a Comment