Monday, November 9, 2009

Popsicles in November

Logan is not a fan of fruit.

This I can NOT understand, but whatever, each child is different.

Usually if Olivia will eat it, he will at least try it. but nope, not fruit. SOOOO we give him alot of applesauce with fruit, i.e. blueberry applesauce, strawberry applesauce, etc. He also LOVES the Cliff Bar Fruit Twists which are equal to 1 serving of fruit. So anytime we can get him to eat more fruit it is EXCITING for us!

Yesterday Olivia wanted to make homemade popsicles. I used to LOVE doing this as a kid. We looked at Walmart for popsicle molds, but I guess the Christmas cooking making kits sell more than popsicle molds this time of year.

So we made our own, SOOO wish I could post a pic, they are pretty funny looking, but delish. We used plain old orange juice.

You can imagine my delight when Logan discovered that he can't get enough frozen orange juice popsicles! YAY!!!

Never mind that this is the EXACT same fruit that makes him turn up his nose and say "THAT is for OLIVIA, not me!"

Momma outsmarting the kids: 1
Kids turning down good-for-them food: 0

1 comment:

Stef said...

Stacey check bed bath and beyond for the molds. I got some there last summer for a couple bucks for a mold that makes 4. I also have a picky eater when it comes to fruit and his name is Ethan, well he is picky about everything, haha. I make the kids smoothies in the blender. Just throw in ice cubes yogurt and your favorite fruit and a splash of juice. Moms like them to!