Yesterday I bought a new wall calendar for our kitchen. It has scenes from Italy (one of my top must-visit places!) It was only $1 from Target. Right now it is almost COMPLETELY empty. But by this time next year that $1 purchase will hold months full of appointments, milestones and reminders. It feels like we are starting fresh, not too busy for 2010 at the moment. At Bible Study Fellowship yesterday our speaker suggested that we really think about how we spend our time. If our days were like rooms in an attic, what would God choose to keep? The things we did for His kingdom. And what would he choose to throw away? Perhaps the busyness we can fill our days with that really just end up stressing us out. I am praying that God would remind us of this as we fill up our new calendar throughout the new year.
_____________________________________________________________
Yesterday during snack time at Bible Study when it was Olivia's turn to share what was going on in her life, she chose to tell about how I shut my finger in the trunk in Grand Rapids. I wish there was some way she could convey the SERIOUS restraint this momma showed (only by the grace of God) while I was in such IMMENSE pain! Thank goodness God was there when I needed him (He always is) because I didn't know at the time that she would think this event was worthy of sharing with her class. :)
_______________________________________________________________
What is up with our weather?
I'm just saying...
_______________________________________________________________
That's it for now... hugs!
1 comment:
your random comments is why I miss living with you and sharing these crazy thoughts!
love you for being you
susie
Post a Comment