We LOVE nachos at our house, and I love trying new variations. I borrowed bits and pieces bits of a nachos recipe from Rachel Ray. I especially loved the cheese recipe she uses instead of just melting cheese. I should have taken a picture.. opps.
Beans Topping: (Rachel's calls for beef, but we are veggin' things up around here)
1 tablespoon EVOO
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dark chili powder
1 1/2 ground cumin, half a palmful
1 can black beans, 15 ounces, drained
salsa
Cheese Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
3/4 pound pepper jack cheese, (I used cheddar) shredded, about 2 1/2 cups
Directions
Saute Onion and garlic, add spices, salsa and beans. simmer.
In a medium sauce pot, melt butter and add flour to it. Cook flour and butter 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat, then whisk in milk. When milk comes to a bubble, stir in cheese with a wooden spoon. Remove cheese sauce from the heat.
Pour cheese sauce evenly over the massive spread of warmed chips and top evenly with bean mixture.
They were even good warmed up for a snack!
Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment