Sunday, March 28, 2010

Random thoughts - March 28, 2010

  • I LOVE to get away with Tommy. Even if he is working and I am just tagging along. Pure bliss!
  • Logan is getting up WAY to early these days. Today: 5:45am!
  • Why do some Disney movies have to be so scary?
  • Traveling reminds me of how big our world is (we only went to Kentucky, HA!) and how big our God is, and that while God is faithful to me and cares about the small details of my life, he also cares for and is faithful to so many around the world! Humbling and so exciting!
  • Easter has always been a very special time of year for me, but now that I have a son of my own, it is much more emotional. I can not even imagine what Mary when through as she watched her son, and her Lord, give the ultimate sacrifice.
  • My favorite shoes right now are an Amanda Smith bronze pair of heals... that I got at Goodwill for $3. I wear them ALL the time! mostly with jeans. For some reason they just make me feel "put together".
  • I'm having to remind Logan these days, that prayers are serious and are not the time to insert jokes.
  • Olivia is literally growing up before my eyes. Often asking me to straighten her hair and if she can have a little clear lip gloss. I am so proud of her and am shocked at how much I want her to stay little.
  • I look forward to Survivor all day on Thursdays. (pretty pathetic I'm sure)
  • I love how Tommy is willing to drive me well out of our way so I can get a "freshly brewed" ice tea instead of a "made from powder" ice tea from a nearby gas station.
  • Confession: When I am grocery shopping without the kids I often choose the LONGEST check-out line so I can read the gossip magazines while I wait. (gasp! I can't believe I admitted that!)
  • Logan is 4 next month and I am still using baby lotion on him, just LOVE the way it smells on his neck when he is giving me a big hug.
  • I wish I was nicer at bedtime. By then I am all done. working on this one....
  • Olivia is so protective of Logan, the other day I saw her stand up to an older boy informing him that "Logan does NOT have to do everything you say!"

All for now! hugs blog-buddies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm not the only one who reads those magazines while in line. Nice to know. :)

Mom of Double A said...

Did you see Princess & the Frog - we took the kids to the dollar theatre and I actually thought it was kind of scary at times.

So glad that Austin is not the only one that gets distracted during prayer time - he comes up with funny voices.

And I'll bet you look hot in those bargain shoes! Love a good deal.

Chat soon,
jill