Monday, April 5, 2010

Its SPRING!!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!! What? you can't find our Easter pictures? Ohhhh that's because even though I searched frantically for the camera before church yesterday, and decided to look more when we got home, the kids were over and it out of their clothes in no time... oh and did I mention that this morning the first thing I found was.... THE CAMERA. ugh.

Anyway, we had a wonderful Easter, I really love the way the kids are "getting it". We have 2 VERY important Christian holidays that we celebrate (Christmas and Easter) and while I don't want to be a kill-joy, they get very overshadowed by the commercial marketing opportunities of the seasons. But our kids are getting to the ages where they very much understand (that would be Olivia) and are starting to understand (Logan) that Jesus is the reason for the holidays and He deserves the attention. Don't get me wrong, the kids got Easter baskets and Santa did put a few things under the tree, but not until we were VERY clear that Jesus is why we celebrate. Oh, and no Logan, Santa will not be bringing you a birthday present! UGH!

__________________________

Anywhoo....

The picure below I just couldn't resist. This is what happens when Tommy tries to get a little work done on the weekends... L.O.V.E. it! Love that the kids are so crazy about their daddy and love that he doesn't mind being their indoor jungle gym. (I am sort of rethinking this, instead of searching for the camera I should have jetted out the door to Target, they wouldn't have noticed. oh well, you live and learn...)




Taaaa Daaaa!! The kids' spring wall!





Back to living and learning. We told the kids that we were getting away later this week (nothing tropical, but the hotel does have a pool) and now Logan wants to stay in his swimsuit until we go... when will I learn???
_________________________________
Lastly, Olivia and I had this conversation recently and I must blog it to remember and remind her when she is older.... :)
Olivia: "mom, sometimes other mom's are prettier than you, but you are the nicest!"
Me: "Thanks sis, do you think I am pretty sometimes?"
Olivia: "uuummmmm (lots of thought) ummmmm sometimes, but you are really fun!"
Gotta love the honesty, and lets be real, at 6AM it just ain't pretty. HA!
(threw the "ain't in for you mom, hope you are ok now...) :)
.

2 comments:

Susie said...

I love Olivia in the last picture she looks so proud of her artwork!! too cute! great to catch up with you last weekend! why is your ears some of my favorite ears in the world??? love you
susie

Stacey said...

LOVED catching up Suz! Never long enough... Lets do it again soon. Love and miss you!