Library books and baby dolls will wind up on the ottoman...

Cars, a baseball glove, zhu zhu pet and sunglasses will end up on the half-wall...

Airplanes, coloring books and crayons, and baskets with puppies will end up on the kitchen table.
BUT they don't have to stay there!
-
I will be the first to admit that I often lack in the patience department. And at some point in the week I will lose my cool concerning the clutter in the house, the toys that migrate out of bedrooms, the laundry and the dishes. I'm really trying to work on this.
-
Really.
-
I am.
-
Sooo the other day when I was out and I saw these cutie buckets I had a BRILLIANT idea!

The kids are now grabbing their buckets before bedtime and running through the house gathering everything that is theirs, loading it into the bucket and returning it to their rooms.

This may seem small, but this is big for us. It's time the kids start helping out more, probably past time. I feel good about teaching them to help care for our home. It helps that they think of it as a game.
-
Everyone is happy! -
-
Especially momma. :)

5 comments:
GREAT idea!!!
I am so with you on this one. Clutter drives me up the wall. I like the bucket idea. We occasionally have "clutter control" night. My kids love that. :)
great idea girly! maybe it will work at my house as well.....
I'm so with you. I found a basket from our basement and moved upstiars for this same purpose. I was overdue on showing my little 3 year old how to clean up. So now when she wants to watch a movie, play a game, etc. I ask her to put the toys in the basket. It's been working like a charm. I love your containers!!
love this idea! my mom used to have a stairs basket that she threw all of our junk in.
Post a Comment