Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas to us

Tommy and I celebrated our Christmas together in Chicago this past weekend. We stayed at the Talbot hotel on Delaware, just off of Michigan. I loved the hotel, cute, quaint very cozy english style.


We had dinner at the Grill on the Alley, such a nice dinner, just us. Lots of laughs, really - how many waiters can 1 table have? who can keep them all straight! not us apparently. Tommy still cracks me up after 10 years!

I love our little getaways, I love Chicago at Christmas time and I love the way we get back to 'us' within minutes of dropping off the kids. I love coming home to the kids and their hugs when we have been gone. and I already love the planning process of our next weekend away. :)

1 comment:

Susie said...

I am so glad you two take time for each other! Chad and I get a vacation in Feb. just the two of us, can't wait!

I really, really hope I didn't wake you up on Sunday morning!

Love and miss you
susie