I was on a quest to find a recipe for chicken strips that would taste similar to those from a restaurant, and I think I found it! I think the secret is soaking the chicken in buttermilk. Makes tasty chicken strips!
Soak chicken strips in buttermilk for 20 minutes (I soaked them for about 2 hours, I'm thinking the longer the better)
Mix 1 1/2 cups of flour. paprika and pepper in bowl (I just eye-balled the amount). Drizzle 1/2 cup of buttermilk into milk while mixing with a fork (this makes the yummy crispy bits form on the strips)
Fry in oil (I use coconut oil) for 1-2 min per side
thats it!
Hugs and happy cooking!
(note: we bought our first roll of paper towels since we gave them up in september, just for this recipe. Draining oil onto a dish rags grosses me out... ) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment