Sometimes kids say the cutest things.
And when they are YOUR OWN kids what they say is even more cute. And you find you can't correct it because it's what you like to hear.
I have decided it is time. I have waited long enough to correct these last two cute kid-grammar things.
It is a sad day for this momma, but how long do you wait?
I decided today was the day to correct Olivia on the last "kid-grammar" saying I was holding onto.
Before today, when I "enlightened" her to the correct way, she would say:
"I want to go to Target to buy a clo"
Because she thought "clo" was singular for "clothes"
AND
Logan has confused "anything" and "nothing" for a long time.
And I have JUST NOW started to really correct him, because I think its cute.
Before if I asked him "Logan, what are you doing?"
He would answer "anything" and mean "nothing"
I feel I waited as long as I could on these last two corrections... if I waited any longer they could have been scarred for life. (probably not, but I feel better thinking I didn't have a choice)
AND THEN,
To add to my misery, just when I think I am taking away all of the kid-grammar they have left, and that somehow I now have miraculously perfect-grammar-speaking-children...
Logan reminds me we have allllooooonnnnnggg way to go
by saying,
"SIS, what did you ATE?"
oh my. I almost fainted. That was painful for my ears.
So needless to say... I did some correcting I probably should have done years ago... and I have ALOT more to do...
Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment