(picture from simplyrecipes.com, but ours looked just like this!)
For Christmas Eve dinner this year I decided to make Prime Rib. My first attempt :)
It was SOOOO EASY! If I had known it would be so easy I would have made this years ago!
I found a recipe on Cooks.com and tweaked it just a touch. But the idea is so simple I hated taking credit for its yumminess.
Turn the oven to 525 degrees (which also means the junk at the bottom of the oven bakes off, yay)
Allow prime rib to reach room temperature.
Rub meat with salt/pepper and garlic powder
Put into roasting pan, fat side up
Bake 6 minutes for every pound for medium (done)
Then - and this is the key
turn the oven off and leave the prime rib inside.
DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN FOR 2 HOURS!
The recipe said it would be perfect, and it was.
I was amazed!
Although this is an expensive cut of meat, it lasted many meals. We had it for the main course (feeding 4 adults) then prime rib sandwiches the next day for lunch and then beef and noodles the day of that.
Simples, elegant and yummy.
Hugs and happy cooking!

No comments:
Post a Comment