Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holidays 2009

Wow, I can't believe the holidays are over! Ours started early in December when Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dan hosted a SUPRISE birthday party for mom. She was TRULY surprised! I would mention her age but I want to live to see my next birthday, HA! My favorite part was when I called her and had to pretend we were in Indy but we were really at Nancy's waiting for her. SO FUN to be sneaky!!! but it wore me out! I have NEVER kept a secret for so long! (Except maybe Susie's party in college. :) )

Our Christmas celebrations started that evening at dad and Kathy's with Brad, Kerri and the kids. so much fun to have everyone together. Is it a bit much to ask me to remember my camera? YES! so no pics. :( Just fun memories of the kids playing, wonderful food, and great conversation!

Next came Christmas Eve, we celebrated at Tommy's grandparents and then we were off to church. The kids LOVED it that we went to church at bedtime! Ohhhh the little things in life.

Christmas morning was so much fun, first at our house then at Tom and Dotty's for a GREAT breakfast and celebrating.

On Saturday Mom, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dan, Brad, Kerri and the kids came for an Italian themed Christmas celebration. YUMMY food!

On Sunday the 27th Brad and I took mom to Chicago to celebrate her birthday a little more. It was so much fun, yummy restaurants, shopping, and wonderful conversation. Are you looking for pics? you guessed it! no camera on that trip either! UGH! Am I flunking blogging?

New Year's Eve was spent at home, kids safe in their beds, us safe on the couch watching TV. I am starting to prefer it that way. Wow, I just realized I like to stay in on New Year's and I have been ordering hot tea lately in restaurants, what am I 85? yikes! :)

Just a few pics that I did get over the holidays.


Our holiday wouldn't be complete without mentioning that Rebecca now has more wardrobe selection than I do. Hmmm.... Here are Rebecca and Olivia all ready for church on Christmas eve.


I just had to throw this one in. I have absolutely NO idea what they are looking at, but it must have been very interesting. HAHAHAHA!!! oh and I LOVE kiddies in snuggle-bunnies!!!! (Brad and my word for jammies with feet, not sure where it came from but it sticks!)


Practicing with our new camera. Olivia can NOT get used to the flash! But Rebecca is always camera-ready!

ok, lets be real. Are most of the gifts Logan received meant for Tommy? He has been enjoying them just as much as Logan! Need I mention the after Christmas trip to Toys R Us for more Geo-trax? Not my idea... I just saying... However where did I stop in Chicago 3 days after Christmas? yep more outfits for Rebecca. sigh.


Happy New Year's blogging buddies, I pray that your year is filled with God's peace and joy.
My only resolution this year: To really LISTEN for God's voice. I know He longs to speak to me and have constant conversation through prayer. I also know that He is the "still small voice" that is only audible if I am listening. Sometimes I wish His voice could be heard like a mega-phone. But instead of asking Him to talk louder (which believe me, I have done) I am going to work on listening harder. I am so thankful that His grace is sufficient for me and that his mercies are new every morning.
Hugs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think you're getting old - I mended clothes on New Year's Eve. I definately did not feel young! :)

Susie said...

I loved catching up with your fam's holiday activities-I will try to get time to update my blog this week.

I still (after all these years) believe that you were able to keep my bday surprise party from me! That party was one of my fav times at Purdue!

love and miss u tons
susie

Unknown said...

Awe...sweet holiday memories ol' friend. :) I love your new blog header. You crack me up with your tea and stayin' in on New Years Eve....but I have to say~ Every time we are on the road that night I get so nervous!