I took Olivia to visit her school today. How is it possible that it is time to think about school? I know its cliche' but there are days when I feel like she was born yesterday! And now she is 5!
She was so grown-up. Sitting with the kids at their table. Participating in all of their activities. She especially loved eating her apple at "fruit break" and eating her lunch at lunchtime. SHE LOVED her teacher, and her teacher was so sweet to have her join in the class!
I LOVED having the opportunity to observe how she acts in a classroom setting. She loved it! Didn't want to leave. She is sad that she has to wait until next fall to go back. She just seemed so big! Her daddy and I couldn't be more proud of her.
Quote of the day:
Olivia: "We have to go back to school soon! I'm starting to forget what my teacher looks like!"
6 comments:
i'm sure you felt the pull of a mommma's apron strings! i know it is hard for us, but SO good for them to have something that is just theirs!
love you
susie
Sending your baby to K is one of the hardest steps to letting your child grow up...I cried all of last summer! :) What school will she be going to?
Corina
Hi Corina! She will be going to Northpoint in Fishers. It is a homeschooling school that is twice a week and then I will supplement the rest (not much in K, but more as they get older). She is SO BEYOND excited!!!
Wow! Sounds cool...I haven't heard of it. Is the schedule the same through all of the grades? Will you guys be moving up that way then?
Corina
It is 1/2 days through 3rd grade and then it goes to 2 full-days/week. we talk about moving north in the next couple of years, waiting to see how it all works out! :)
Awww...HOw exciting Stacey! I remember clearly that kinda sad/excited feeling with sending our first little girl to Kindergarten. It's all part of letting go little by little. Aren't you glad you have the whole summer to get used to the idea? :)
Post a Comment