Olivia's tea party with Rebecca
Logan: "Sis, can I have a tea party?"Olivia: {sigh} "Ok bub, but let ME pour the pretend tea"
Olivia the "super-sleuth" collecting clues in her clue-bag from Paris
We added some shelves to Olivia's room to help with the chaos, I mean organizational needs of a 5-year-old. Here is how she arranged everything. I think it looks great!

Logan's favorite hobby is Geo-trax
our "Snow Princess" - who also does ballet
Baking...And playing outside. Have I ever mentioned that I don't care to play out in the cold? Oh the things we do for our kids...


Just a quick thought I wanted to share from my Bible Study lecture today. Our speaker shared a quote from C.S. Lewis:
"There are only 2 types of people in the world. Those who say to God "Thy will be done" and those to whom God says "Thy will be done""
It made me stop and think about the times in my life when I have tried to do things on my own. Not asking for God's direction and wisdom because I foolishly think I can handle it by myself. (lately, parenting. God has so graciously given me wisdom and direction in this area, in the past. why do I continue to go through periods of trying it on my own? I just end up frustrated and the kids end up frustrated. ) God is a gentleman and I believe He will step aside, allowing me to try things my way, which inevitably fail. (like trying to parent a 3-year-old without spending quality time in prayer over God's best way to handle it) At which time He is there to scoop me back up into His loving arms. I have found MAJOR comfort this week in John 10:29 "My Father, who has given them(us, his sheep) to me, is greater than all, no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." Praise God I am NEVER out of his grip.
Another verse that I have recited out loud over and over this week (and its only Tuesday if that tells you the kind of week Logan is having):
"My children are taught of the Lord, GREAT is their peace!" Isaiah 54:13 (paraphrased)
Hugs from Indy!


1 comment:
Thanks for sharing that - it was very encouraging. :)
Post a Comment