Friday, June 10, 2011

I love change, but not all change...

When I was in elementary school, I'm thinking second grade, we sent balloons into the sky with a note attached asking that if found, would the person who found it send the card back to the school with the location.   I LOVED this, I remember all of us in the field setting off our balloons.

And mine was found!

in Connecticut!

I thought that was so neat.   I still do, really.

Tonight our kids wanted to send 2 balloons we had, into the sky. 
Olivia wanted to put a card with our address on it to have it sent back.

I hate that we are not comfortable doing that.

THAT is the kind of change I don't like. 
30 years ago we probably would have said yes.



3 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

So TRUE!! Things have changed. Also, loooove the new look of the blog and loooove all the posts!!!

Jamie

Susie said...

I so remember doing that in elementary school! So sad that the world has made such a drastic change from our childhood until now. Can't imagine what the generation older than us think about how unsafe the world has become. Scary, isn't it?

love and miss you
susie

Kimberly said...

So True....we have to think about this ...unfortunatley!