Does that make me strange? PROBABLY. I have a HUGE, HUGE fascination with....
LIBRARIES!
I love them. I love the smell of books. I love the feel of books. I love the quiet.
Next year, while the kids are at homeschool classes 2 days a week, I will be here:
3 BLESSED hours in the Fishers Library, reading books, listening to the quiet.
I love that my kids are starting to have the love of libraries that I have. I love to hear: "lets go to the downtown library!" which is a HUGE treat for us and if you live in Indy, or come to visit, it is a really fun library for kids. When we travel with Tommy we look for libraries. Yep. We are bibliophiles.
This year at the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library the Summer Reading Program is:
We started today, gathering lots of books. Tomorrow is the science program, Logan will be asking every 5 minutes until 3:30 tomorrow.
Love summer learning.
Love that Olivia and Logan love books.
They may not get my love of Brussels sprouts, but so far they have my love of books and libraries.
Hugs! :)
*side note: I can't see myself ever owning a Kindle. I would really miss holding the book. I would miss walking into the library (or the bookstore, DON'T get me started on bookstores! love those too) But I have learned to "never say never", so I'm not saying I will NEVER own one, but so far it doesn't look likely. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment