Friday, August 5, 2011

Homemade syrup

I am SUPER excited about my first batch of homemade pancake syrup!  It was SO easy to make and I love that it has 4 ingredients compared to about 20 in the store-bought kind and it tastes the same!

I estimate this jar cost about $.43 instead of the $4 for the store-bought kind (I'm sure there are cheaper brands but we buy the brand without high fructose corn syrup)

Here is the recipe:

1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
(I used an additional 3/4 cup of brown sugar to make it a little thicker)
1 T maple extract

Bring water, white sugar and brown sugar to a boil.  Reduce to medium-low, stir in extract and simmer for 3 minutes longer.  (it thickened as it cooled) 

That's it!

Hugs! 

3 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Soooooooo gonna try this this fall!!! Super excited!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

You are becoming the place to go when you want easy home recipes. Thanks for all the tips. I really need to try the laundry detergent. I have heard so many good things about it.

Unknown said...

SOunds good and looks good!!! :) Thanks for sharing!