Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Messy Tacos"


Found this recipe in a Rachel Ray magazine that I was reading at the library while the kids were in class.  It was so RELAXING and fun to read a bunch of magazines I would never spend the money to purchase :)

This is SUPER easy and is actually called "Mexican Casserole" but if the word "casserole" is mentioned a certain man in the house turns up his nose. So Olivia re-named it "Messy Tacos"

Layer in 9X13 pan:
crushed taco shells
1 lb ground beef (I added onion and black beans too)
salsa
lots of cheddar cheese

Bake 350 degrees for 30 min or until cheese is bubbly.  Line with chips (to make it pretty).  Serve with sour cream, lettuce, etc.  I added green onions to the top for color.

Simple, easy, yummy.

Hugs and happy non-casserole cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummo! (said in best rachel ray impression:) I like your made up name too! I'll have to try this!