I love it when God is so direct with me. Patient endurance (waiting patiently) is what I strive for in the "everyday stuff" of life. I have to say that patience isn't one of my strongest points, but I am working on it. What am I patiently waiting for?
- Constant guidance in decisions regarding our family, finances and how to spend our time. (while I get answers quite quickly sometimes, other times I am doing the "patient endurance" thing)
- Opportunities to show God's love to those He has placed in my life. (I recently stepped down from my job at church to spend more time with Tommy and the kids on the weekends, leaving me to wonder what was next? After 5 weeks of patiently waiting, I was lead to an open MOPPETS position for a MOPS group at a local church. I will be teaching the 2-year-old class. Yay!)
- To call Dave Ramsey and scream "WE'RE DEBT FREE!" (We "officially" started getting serious about our finances when I quit my church job. While extra income would be nice, God is clearly asking us to "patiently endure" cutting back on our spending - I have only been to Target once in 50 days if that tells you anything about God's ability to help us patiently endure the waiting!)
I am so glad that God is always so near, to help when it is necessary to exercise patient endurance at a moment's notice (like today when Logan was throwing a fit at the library and the lady checking me out was taking her own sweet time, while those around us stared at the precious boy throwing the big fit.) God's timing has ALWAYS been perfect in my life, He has NEVER been late. So as I run the race of life, with Him by my side, I will continue to grow and enjoy all of the blessings He has given me while I practice "patient endurance".
6 comments:
This was good. Thanks for sharing.
a little time with the Lord is very rewarding-isn't it???
love ya Stac
susie
You are so inspiring! I think you already do a wonderful job of being enduringly patient and God has rewarded you and will continue to even more.
Love you!!
Jill
I'm so proud of you Stace...and you always seem to teach me a thing or two! Love ya girl!
J
Ahhh God and his perfect timing. I had been struggling all day with feeling stressed about my lack of being patient. We found out today our builder can not start framing for 2 weeks...which means it will sit there with nothing being done on the house....which makes me feel very impatient. So YOU and your sweet post has really brought tears to my eyes. Straight to my heart. Thank you!!!
I love Dave Ramsey!!! We just got totally debt free...it is awesome!! Stick with it!!! I can't believe you haven't been to Target for 50 days...you are amazing!!!!!!Good for you.
Hi Stacey! I'm glad you're going to try the peach sorbet - you will not be disappointed! I like this post...patience is something that I definitely need to work on!
Post a Comment