Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Amazing Grace and Strength

I think it is amazing, how after a fullfilling yet tiring day of being mommy, wife, friend, housekeeper, laundery goddess, grocery shopper and boo boo kisser, we as moms can still find grace and strength in the middle of the night to comfort our children. Last night Olivia was up off and on most of the night with a fever and chills, just wanting to snuggle. On a normal night, a bath at midnight, getting up over and over for a cold drink of water and watching the clock for the next dose of Tylenol would result in a crabby and exhausted momma the next day. But thankfully God gives an abundance of grace and strength (and coffee) for nights such as these. (While I am so thankful for the extra strength I am praying for a GREAT night sleep tonight!)

Thank you God for giving me the honor of comforting my children
as you so often comfort me.

1 comment:

Maria said...

sounds like your night was much worse than mine:)
i hope you get good rest tonight.