Saturday, September 12, 2009

Anniversary #9 on 9/9/09

This year for our anniversary we had the wonderful opportunity to get away for the night, just the two of us. Tommy had a wine show to attend in Louisville at the Galt House hotel so I tagged along for an evening away.


The show was from 4-7, so when Tommy asked if I would be ok by myself in the hotel room for a couple hours I nearly fell over. What? alone in a room (of any kind for that matter, hotel, hospital, whatever ) for a couple hours, with a book and cable tv? Needless to say, I was happy to oblige, while he took care of business.

Then I got dressed (after locking myself out of the room in my pjs, thankfully a lady was cleaning the room next to ours, can you say embarrassing????) and went to the wine show for the last 1/2 hour. Then onto dinner at 8 at the restaurant on the 25th floor (the name escapes me now) that revolves to reveal the view of the river at sunset. Beautiful. I'm not trying to be mushy here, but I have to say, sitting across the table from the man that I love, enjoying a wonderful, quiet, romantic meal, is just so wonderful. (can you tell we don't do this often???)

The hotel fire alarm went off at 1am, so that jolted us awake, thankfully I had enough wits about me to put an outfit on (instead of just pjs) because 1am, with little make-up and messy hair is a GREAT time to have to mingle with the people we met earlier in the night at the wine show.

I have to say, it is SOOOO nice to get away with just Tommy. I love getting back to just "us". Having time together, undistracted, is a gift. One that I truly cherish.

4 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Love you both!!!

Jamie

Susie said...

what a cute couple! didn't realize the 9 on the 9/9 part! i should have put that in your anniversary card! HA!

love
susie

Mom of Double A said...

Look at your cute new hair!! Love it. You guys are adorable.

BTW--that housekeeper shouldn't have let you in that room without checking your ID first. :)

Maria said...

happy anniversary. i am glad you were able to get away together.
and i am with you--2 hours alone anywhere, is wonderful:)