-------------------------
I am BEYOND excited for Olivia to start school! We are homeschooling the kids and found this GREAT school on the northside for homeschooled children. Northpoint is a HUGE answer to prayer for our family. The kids (Olivia now, Logan next year) will go on Tuesday and Thursday and then we will teach them on the other days. They will learn the basics, enjoy the classroom setting (which I LOVED as a kid) and learn about God (Yay God!).
------------------------
I LOVE Oberweis organic milk. Did you know at Target they CHARGE you $1.50 for the glass container? You can get it back when you return it. This SOOOOO reminds me of the days of bottled coke products that you would return to the store. I can still picture the RARE occasion growing up when an 8-pack of glass bottles sat on the step in the garage. Yes, I was a deprived child who didn't get to drink pop, who now deprives her children of pop as well. Ahhh... the memories...
-----------------------
Splash Island in Plainfield. WOW, so much fun! I KNOW I took pictures that day, NOT on the camera. hmmmm.... did I accidentally pick up someone else's camera? That would be hysterical. Saw Deanna and her family there! so fun!
-----------------------
My new FAVORITE purse from Thirty-One.

The new City Skirt purse. I think I could actually make some money, if I didn't want to buy so much. HA! Darn laws of economics!
----------------------
"Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart and lean not on your own understanding..." This was the Bible verse at VBS this year. Olivia and I learned together weeks ago, not realizing how much I would cling to it this summer. Knowing God is in complete control is such a blessed gift, but letting go of the human need for "partial" control is very hard. I love how God gently reminds me that while He loves and desires my participation, He does NOT NEED my overthinking to get the job done.
-----------------------
Logan's long awaited favorite present of the summer. They took the FULL 10 days of the quoted "7-10 business days" to get here.

Sight words flash cards to along with the Sight Words DVD. (Love the learning!)
------------------------
We have been through TWO backyard pools this summer! Are we extra hard on pools? or do they just not make them like they used to.


and remember the taking-toys-to-your-room buckets from a previous post? Apparently they make better boats this time of year. sigh.
------------------------
Yesterday the kids and I set off on an early-morning walk. We opted to take the stroller on this particular day instead of the wagon. At the FARTHEST point from our house a stroller wheel came off. Permanently. We sat by the side of the road and waited for Tommy to rescue us. The kids thought it was the coolest adventure. I loved watching them treat it like an adventure, while thanking God that Tommy's job affords him to work from home some days.
-----------------------
And finally our purple toes. Olivia asked if our next toe-color could be purple. Far be it from me to deny a rockin' request like that... This mama delivered and now we both have purple toes. I LOVE my daughter!

Hugs from Indy!
1 comment:
Seriously, I was laughing so hard. 1st the camera, Good Lord, I hope you didn't pick up someone else's camera and use it to take pics of your children!!!! So you, though! 2nd the stroller wheel, I can picture you and the kids chillin by the side of the road with the broken stroller!!!!! Good for your kids making it an adventure instead of being scared/anxious!
LOVE this post!
susie
Post a Comment