Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My purse

My purse.
  I put off cleaning it out for days. 
Embarrassed at the check-out lane at the store because I have to go through all of the STUFF to find my wallet. 

 I search FRANTICALLY for the hand sanitizer after one of the kids puts his/her hands all over something germy (like public water fountains.  I ALWAYS carry water because public water fountains freak me out.  Yet the kids LOVE to turn them on and watch the water.  cute. but germy.)

So this morning when I couldn't find my lipstick in the purse-mess I dumped the contents and decided to organize.

  I wonder what the contents of my purse will be in 10 years. 
 20 years?

I want to remember.  At age 5 and 6, what "treasures" from my blessings from heaven, ended up in my purse.

*A pair of Olivia's sandals - even a 6-year-old needs wardrobe options when we are out.
*A GIANT McAllister's cookie coupon from VBS
*Left-over suckers - from the summer reading program at the library.  Laserpops to be exact.
*Name tag from church - I remember the first time we took each of you to church.  Loved seeing their precious names on the name tags.
*Olivia's change purse - we took all of her change for VBS offering

*Orange paint swatch from the new play room
*a tennis ball - from our last trip to the courts
*3 bottles of sanitizer - because you can never have too many

I love this stage of mommy-hood.  I always say every stage is my favorite, and this stage is too.  I'm melancholy when I think that in 10 years my purse will just have MY stuff in it.  Now having an organized purse doesn't sound so great. 

Thanking God for helping me cherish each moment.

Hugs :)

No comments: