Found this bruschetta recipe and LOVED IT!!! we received fresh basil in our farm fresh delivery this week and it was perfect for this recipe. I found it here but here is the recipe itself:
Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil Recipe
6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar ( I added a little more, LOVE balsamic vinegar)
6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
1/4 cup olive oil (to brush on bread before broiling)
The instructions said to parboil the tomatoes so the skin would peel off easily. I hadn't done that before but it was so simple! Then I mixed all of the ingredients and spooned it onto warmed baguette (brushed with oil) and voila! Yummy!
Oh and my opps. Last night Tommy and I were playing soccer with the kids and I kicked the soccer ball and it hit Olivia RIGHT in the face! (It was a soft rubber ball, but I kicked it HARD!) It was dramatic, but after some motrin, a hot bath and some chocolate milk we were all ok. Not even red this morning. whew. opps :)
No comments:
Post a Comment