
Let me preface this post by saying that the kids and I have been trying to stay home more, goal 3 days/week to save gas. So this morning when Tommy came out to breakfast and said "We are out of lotion and mousse" I said calmly "Ok babe, maybe we will run out today". Inside I was saying "Yippee! A legitimate reason for running to Target!" What is it about the Target shopping experience that is so much better than shopping at other stores? (starts with a "W" and ends with a "t"). Maybe it is the aroma of Starbucks when you walk in, or maybe it is the Target cafe that sells popcorn and a coke for $1. That alone justifies the trip for me. The kids are occupied with the popcorn while I walk up and down every aisle to look at everything. I honestly pray for supernatural restraint when we pull up to Target and today we we did well. We got the mousse and lotion (coupons for both), batteries (coupon), appliance light bulb for over the stove (coupon) and the popcorn and coke. So I got my Target fix, got what we needed and got to see civilization! I am trying to make my shopping trips more efficient but living where we do in Indianapolis everything we need is within 7 miles: downtown Indianapolis, the Children's Museum, the mall, every store and restaurant, our church, the library, etc. So although we don't drive far, it still takes gas to go to these places. I am able to justify my trip to Target this am because I saved $5.50 in coupons which hopefully covered the gas for the trip. (smile)
1 comment:
I am with you there! I adore Target! In fact, I was in Chicago today with my friend Heather and we saw a Target store at the same time and screamed "Target"! Sad isn't it? :)
Post a Comment