
My new year's resolution is something I have given alot of thought. Thought about how I can learn to appreciate and savor life's everyday, un-exciting (to others) moments. I want to learn to just sit back and watch as things unfold in our everyday life. For instance, when Olivia bursts into song, I want to sit and watch and listen and take mental pictures of the moment, instead of hurrying onto the next thing on my to do list. I want to stop stressing so much about the clutter (let's face it, when there are kids, there is clutter!) and just enjoy the fact that we have a nice home and lots of clutter to fill it, because the clutter is our clutter and somehow it makes the kids happy and I hope secure. And when the kids take their 45 minute baths, which is now part of our almost everyday routine not because they are so dirty but because it makes them happy, I want to savor their laughter instead of trying furiously to clean up all of the water. There are SO many moments in our days, that can be quickly over looked in our busyness. I don't want to be 20 years down the road and say that I can't remember what we used to do, or the sound of their laughter or the endless chatter, that I really do love but sometimes want to tune out. I will have plenty of time to enjoy a quiet house when the kids are grown, for now, I want to enjoy the wonderful, noisy, busy, blessings God has given me. Happy New Year, God Bless and hugs to all of my blog buddies.
7 comments:
Well said Stacey! You've given me some thoughts that I need to also take to heart.
Anxious to see you in a few weeks!
Happy New Year!
Jill
very good resolution! i didn't make any this year, guess i didn't even think about it!
it was great to see you and the kiddies this week, let me know if Tommy comes to the area again!
susie
Great post stace...I may have to echo some of your sentiments in a future blog post because they have been on my mind so much lately too. You worded it all SOOOOO well.
Can't wait to see you soon!
Jamie
Good post - I think this would be a great resolution for me too.
so beautifully said! Thanks for reminding all of us!!
Feel better soon my friend...miss you.
J
I find myself thinking these exact things several times a week usually. It's hard but we just have to take it day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. God Bless you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment