
Since I grew up in Northern Indiana, I am used to seeing A LOT of snow during the winter. So when it snowed 9 inches last night, we were excited! The kids couldn't believe all of the white "cakes" all over the place (snow on the patio tables, slide outside etc). So Tommy and I bundled up the kids (took about 20 minutes), made sure no one had to potty, got the kids outside, pulled them to the end of the neighborhood in their sleds, climbed the mountain of snow in the cul-de-sac and then back inside (about 30 minutes), into the bathtub, and then grilled cheese and warm soup for lunch! While one could question whether the effort (20 min of get-ready time) is worth the actual playtime (30 min today), I can assure you the squeals and laughter was worth it! A perfect snow day!

It never fails, in the middle of winter, I am thinking of summer, and in the middle of summer I am thinking of winter! So here is the wintry picture of our home, I can revisit this summer when it is 95 degrees with 100% humidity. Good thing I LOVE change, including the change of seasons!


I should have snapped a picture of Logan's "boots".
Sadly we haven't purchased him any this winter. Since we don't get alot of snow, I think we just forgot. So we put baggies over his socks and some of Olivia shoes (since they were bigger). This momma could hold her own on Alaskan Survivor!!! :)
Sadly we haven't purchased him any this winter. Since we don't get alot of snow, I think we just forgot. So we put baggies over his socks and some of Olivia shoes (since they were bigger). This momma could hold her own on Alaskan Survivor!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment