Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Play all day - day
Yesterday I had a bad "mom" day. I was frustrated from the beginning (Logan cried in his bed during my quiet time, stressful way to start the day). I am ashamed to say I held on to that frustration instead of giving it over to God and accepting His peace and rest during my day. As a result, I was very frustrated with the kids, my patience was completely depleted by 6:15am. I let the busyness of the day distract me from being the loving and patient mom I want to be. SO today I am declaring it "Play-all-day day" I am turning the computer off, letting the dishes pile up in the sink, leaving the laundry until tomorrow, leaving the beds un-made, etc. and we are going to play the day away, until church tonight. I want to enjoy the kids and just let them be kids today, no running errands, no stopping to check my email, just quality time with the kids on this very cold day inside. I want the kids to remember days like today, the stress-free, mom was so much fun, days. Stay tuned, I want to document our day in a future post, so I remember how we spent our "play-all-day day".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i can relate. when the day starts off with cambel bawling about something, i don't get my devotions done, and all the things i need to get done are piling up, i find it really hard to be patient at all. i hope your play all day is fun.
Great idea my friend!
Jamie
You have such a good heart Stac!!!
love you-
susie
First of all, I am amazed that you start your day that early. Way to go! Second of all, we all should have these days with our kids every once in awhile. I know I enjoy my day so much better when I played games with Isaiah and enjoyed spending time with my kids.
I came across your blog and have had fun reading your entries!
This one is especially amazing! What a fun title for a fun filled day! Way to go, good thinking!
Happy day wishes to you and yours~ Les
Post a Comment