Today at mom's group we were encouraged to come up with adjectives to positively describe our kids. I was surprised that it took me a minute to come up with more than just, "fun", "loving" and "kind". It seems like as we go through the (sometimes long) days, the not so good qualities our kids are exhibiting can stand out more clearly than the wonderful, positive qualities. SO I am making a list for each of my kiddos and am putting it on the fridge as a CONSTANT reminder, that even if we are in the middle of a fit, I can remember the good, positive things about my precious kids.
Olivia: Creative, energetic, loving, playful, encouraging, ticklish, kind, always singing, loves to laugh, polite.
Logan: Loving, great hug-giver, courageous, spontaneous, independent, snugly, happy, funny, smart.
This is just a start, I intend to add to the list as I observe more great qualities in Olivia and Logan.
7 comments:
What a great idea!!
I hope all is well with you. I've thought about you a lot today...more so than other days.
Let me know if you need anything!
Jamie
So true...you've inspired me to create a list as well!
We need to catch up---hope you're well!
That is a good idea! I hope you are doing well, I am thinking about you!
I remember when I was in Junior High my mom was at a parent's meeting where she had to do something similar. She then shared it with me when she came home. It made me feel so treasured by my mother and is still a special memory for me.
It is good to remember that our children need to know why we think they are special, besides just telling them that they are.
That is a great idea! I hated not being able to be at mom's group today. I over did it yesterday so I felt totally smashed this morning! I will definitely be putting a list on my fridge. This seems to be a time where it would be very easy to overlook the good right now in our house. Thanks for the good idea!
Stacey, I love this idea for a lot of things in life.
I was thinking a lot about my wife today and I would like to share my short list of attributes that make her wonderful.
HAPPY!
My wife is happy. She is really fun to be around. I like just being at home with her.
Affectionate.
I love hugging my wife. She gives the best hugs. I like that my wife and I can find peace in the little time that we have to be next to each other. Most of the time we have another little guy who likes to be close to mom before dad does.
Beautiful.
My wife is beautiful in a lot of ways. I find myself staring at her like I am seeing her for the first time. Her gorgeous blue eyes and nice smile are so attractive to me. My wife has an inner beauty that exudes confidence, contentment, and godly values. Yes, I am very lucky because she is everything I could ever want in a soul mate. I love you sweetheart.
Great Mother.
My wife is a great mother. I really appreciate all mothers. It is hard to be the center of the family. It is constant. My wife is the center of our family. I need you and the kids need you. You are very thoughtful,caring, and loving. Thanks for being the best mother and wife. We love you so much Momma.
These are just a few words to describe my happy, affectionate, and beautiful wife. I love you so much and miss you when I am traveling. You are all of these things and more. see you soon.
Post a Comment