Friday, October 3, 2008

Playlist and Grandma

Not sure if anyone noticed, but my playlist is here one day and gone the next. Our speakers are currently broken so I took it off awhile ago since I can't hear it anyway, and can't really add/change things without listening.

I put it back on for today, with Healing Rain by Michael W. Smith as the first song. My mom gave Brad and I the honor of choosing a song for our Grandma M's funeral. (That way mom could just log on to hear my song) Grandma M. is not doing well, so this may be soon, it may not. I pray each day for her peace and comfort, she is such a neat lady. I feel like we JUST went through this with Grandma W. That was March, feels like yesterday. I can't believe it has been almost 7 months. I know that this is all part of life, but it stinks. I am very close to both of my grandma's and it is hard that one is gone and the other may be soon. I am so thankful for wonderful memories given to me by both of my grandma's and I am so glad that God chose me to be their granddaughter.

8 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Thinking of you and your family. I'm here if you need me. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

3 out of 4 of my grandparents all passed within a couple years of each other. I was also very close to all of them it is so hard to lose those that were a part of our lifes in a special way. I am thinking about you and your family. I am here if you need to talk.

Anonymous said...

I understand. One set of my grandparents lives 4.5 hours away and I hate it that I don't get to see them as much as I would like. We went down there for Thanksgiving last year b/c we didn't really know if it would be the last holiday season we would spend w/ my grandma. It's hard when anyone your close to gets later on in years or gets sick. I'll be praying for her.

RosyRose said...

I'm so sorry to hear your grandma is not well. It is a painful path to walk when we lose those we love. I pray God will wrap you in his big ole' arms of love! Blessings!

Kristen said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Stacey.

Praying for you and your family in this difficult time. Hoping your grandmother is filled with peace as well.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Stacey. I remember how difficult it was to lose my grandmother - and I still think of her often and miss her. I am glad for you that you have had the blessing of a relationship with your grandparents, and that your children have been able to know them. I will always feel that my children missed out on something great by never meeting my Grandma and Grandpa Morgan. I'll be thinking of you - and I think the song is a good one.

Mom of Double A said...

I love this song, too!
I think when we were little, we just assumed that the Grandparents would be around as long as we needed them. As we all get older, it is obvious that some day they will pass on to live with the Lord. And even though we will miss our grandparents here on earth...what a wonderful feeling to know that they would be headed to (or already in) Heaven watching over us and waiting for the day we join them. Just enjoy every moment you have with her and be thankful that she's lived a very full life-you're lucky to have her in your kids' lives as well.
Love you!

Susie said...

I am so sad to hear that about your gma! You are so blessed to have had such a close relationship to both your gma's. What a neat family legacy to be able to pass your memories down to your children.

love you and call me anytime!
susie