Friday, October 17, 2008

When will I learn???

Olivia is very busy making her birthday party invitations (birthday not until November 21st)... everyday.... new invitations... along with daily updates in her journal, and a couple updated Christmas lists. You get the picture, we spend alot of time at the table with crayons and markers doing alot of very important work. Logan loves to join us and now really loves to color too! This morning I left the room leaving a seated Logan coloring quietly. Why on earth would I think he would stay there and color until I got back? When will I learn?

Here is the before.....

And the after..... That's right! MARKER tatoo!!!!
Sidenote: Mommy confession - I found a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in the fridge. Tommy must have brought it in from the car (he took Olivia to her FAVORITE place yesterday, you all know the place right?) There was only 1 left. Could I have split it for the kids? Yes. Could I have said "Look what daddy brought for you?" and watched the excited look on their faces? Yes. But instead, this mommy, who is honestly having a very rough week, decided to sneak off and enjoy it all to myself. It was the perfect pick-me-up at the end of a long week! I will take the kids for ice cream later.... this just became an expensive indulgence. (smile)

4 comments:

Susie said...

Stac-

you are too funny! All Mommies have done this, no matter what they say!

love you
susie

Anonymous said...

LOVE the artwork Logan!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! So how "washable" are the washable markers? haha

Jami said...

Great pictures. I like the new look of your blog.