Last night (Sunday) we attended a party hosted by National (distributor for Easley Wine) at the Children's Museum. It was so fun! Turns out it was a costume party for the kids, we didn't know, so our kids were not dressed up. Ironically, Olivia went to church in her Cinderella costume and rainbow striped tights. Had she worn that to the museum, we would have been in costume! Although, it isn't a costume for her, it is everyday attire. (These pics are from Tommy's phone, because I thought that not being in costume was not enough, so I forgot the camera too.)


I love it when Olivia volunteers to help around the house! Today she asked if she could help me vacuum, and I was happy to have the help! She vacuumed the cold air return and was ready to do more! So off to her room we went! Needless to say, her room is clean now! Yippee! (I must calm down now, in 20 minutes it will be a mess again, smile). I post about this because I want to remind you, sis, of your willingness to help. My parents did that alot as we were teenagers, "You used to LOVE to do the dishes!!!!" Guilt is a good motivator in the teen years!!!! HA!

Also, I want to add this for Logan, he LOVES the play with the sweeper! He pushes it around, watching the wheels, and when I turn it on he comes running!!!

Olivia is not ready to let go of summer. Her favorite activity right now is to play outside (during Logan's naptime, of course, because he "would mess up my stuff"). She loves to "water her plants" which entails filling bottles or cups with dirt, adding water and pretending they are plants. It was 80 degrees today so I even turned on the hose, she was a muddy mess, but had a good time!

Quote of the day:
Me: "I wonder why Logan is fussing right now"
Olivia: "I think he doesn't have anything to do, I feel like that sometimes too"
2 comments:
First off, I love Olivia's explanation for why Logan is fussing. Maybe I should consider that as well when my kids seem crabby. :)
And 80 degrees??? I am more than somewhat jealous! Tonight we played outside in our winter coats. Ugh. It is just too soon.
I love Olivia's outfits. You are such a great mom to let her go to church in a princess dress. I always have such a hard time letting go of my way in situations like that. Fortunately I have a daughter who has never really wanted to wear something other than what I picked out. Wait until she gets in school and has to start looking "cool".
Post a Comment