Thursday, October 30, 2008

Olivia's traumatic day....

After mom's group today we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch with some friends. Olivia was playing in the play area and fell on something sharp that really cut up her little finger! It was bleeding everywhere and she was hysterical.

It is in those moments when my heart is truly outside my body. I think at times like those we hurt FAR more than our children could ever hurt. Although it will heal nicely and she is really doing fine, the look on her face and the tears are something I know I will never forget. She said "I wish we never went here, it is going to bleed forever!" (her verbiage of course, :)) We came home, cleaned her up, got a new band-aid on, munched on some pink m&m's (they make ANYTHING better!), made a pact to go buy some pink marshmallows, and now she is off to sleep. No doubt exhausted from the whole event. In the car and again before she drifted off to sleep, we said a prayer, thanking God for healing her and making her all better, and able to climb trees again (her request).

I wanted to document this so that we can go back and remember times when God brought her through something hard. Its hard to think that someday I will be writing about bigger life events that will come her way, some may cause her pain. Things I won't be able to fix with pink m&m's and strawberry marshmallows, but I ALWAYS want her to remember that we can go to God in prayer and He PROMISES to be with us!

Olivia,

Please remember, the most important thing I can ever teach you, that God is ALWAYS with us, when we are happy, sad and hurting. I know you fell and hurt yourself, but he was holding you and lessened your fall, I am sure of it! Thank you for being so brave, you are such a big girl. Also, thank you for praying for me earlier today when I said my head hurt. You are truly my little angel sent from God.

Love you,

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww! Poor Olivia! I hate it when stuff like that happens especially bleeding. Zeph won't let me touch it or help him at all when something like that happens. He just basically want to cry while I hold him. Somehow I end up going into stealth mode and don't freak out until way later. Thank the Lord. I hope she has a much better day tomorrow. :)