Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Determination! and royal business

Most of my days seem to be centered around the kids, but on the rare occasion I have a project I want to do, I can get pretty determined to get it done! (Remember the chocolate wall). Today my project was making chocolate covered pretzels. I had some help from Olivia for awhile, then she was on to something else....















Making a homemade clothesline out of the sweeper cord.















After Logan's nap, he found the sweeper attachment amusing.
















The kids lunched on popcorn, grapes and cereal bars in front of the TV, because I had momentum and didn't want to stop! Olivia is dressed and ready to take care of her "royal business" as she calls it, right after lunch!















So far, 6 bags of pretzels done. I will save the rest for after bedtime tonight! Whew!

Here is a picture of Olivia's foot while she was sleeping, I couldn't resist!


These pictures make me happy.





Recent Olivia quotes:

"I can't believe Babe Ruth is dead!" (Daddy taught her alot about the greatest baseball player ever!"

"Don't worry about it mom" (Wow, thanks for the reassurance sis!)

"Its hopeless!" (Trying to play, with Logan interrupting)

"Look mom, Rudolph the red nose" (for some reason she leaves of "reindeer")
Do you know the song that goes like this: "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand" Olivia's version is like this: "On Christ the solid rock I stand, mother brown is sinking sand" It is so hard not to laugh right out loud on this one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacey...That's alot of chocolate covered pretzels, what are you doing with them all? :)

I'm the same way when it comes to certain projects. I will let the kids do just about anything to complete the task.

Loved the recent quotes and Olivia's own version of "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand." Very sweet.

Have a very Merry Christmas. :)

Stacey said...

Oh Heather, I should have clarified, that is 6 quart-size ziploc bags! Wow, I sounded amazing before huh? Yeah, it took that much effort for 6 ziploc bags, pathetic, I know. :)