Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sleepless in Indianapolis

For that last few weeks, we have been awakened in the night (around 3 until about 4:30) by Logan practicing letters, playing with a word toy, and talking to his Jay Jay plane all while confined to his crib (thank you crib tent!). This is really all fine, I do enjoy hearing him play in his bed (for about 10 minutes, then I am off to dreamland), until last night. Last night it was fussing and crying for over an hour. I guess it is time to start altering nap time. He is CLEARLY not tired from 3-4:30, but guess what? Mommy IS. I fear that gone are the days of letting him sleep as long as he wants (2- 2/1 hours) in the afternoon, during which Olivia and I get our alone time to play "big kid games". I remember altering Olivia's nap schedule when she was nearing the end of her naps, but I didn't really think this time would come for Logan until he was about 14. (or maybe I was praying it wouldn't :))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - I'm sorry. Don't you wish they could be like us - get a long nap in the afternoon and still get a good night's sleep. Of course we are probably able to do that because we are so tired keeping up with them! :)

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Ohhh....that is tough. The whole sleeping thing can be such a guessing game!!! Miss you!

J

Maria said...

bummer! naps are such priceless times during the day. i live for them:)
i hope you have a great christmas