Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Jammies PLEEEAAASSSEEE...."

My kids were paci kids. I really preferred this to thumb-sucking, actually. I spent alot of time in prayer over the day when the pacis would be gone. Would it be a smooth transition? Would we have weeks of sleepless nights? Would they ever forgive me?

When it was time to give them up, I was the most anxious mama around.... but guess what?

They both gave them up without a fight.

No sleepless nights.

No constant asking for it back.

Logan even gave up his blanket, because apparently the blanket and paci were married.

I never imagined it would have been that easy.

Olivia never really "replaced" hers with anything. Logan, however, did.

He now LOVES his jammies. Instead of plopping in a chair with his blanket and paci, he wants to snuggle up in his jammies. When he is sick, he wants to be in them all day. He even got to wear them to Aunt Kiki's for the day once.

To him they are comfort. To him they are soothing. Much like the paci and blanket.

So when we walk in the door, I often hear "Mommy, can I have my jammies, pplllleeeaasseee?"








Love this kid.

2 comments:

Susie said...

priceless! we all need our jammies!

susie

Kimberly said...

A kiddo who knows where it is at!! I love a day at home with the girls in comfy clothes, especially on a cold winter day adn the fireplace going!!