Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Keys Day 2

(some of our pictures came out so blurry! but they are still memories!)

Lunch at Boondocks on Deer Key (or Duck Key, can't remember)







Sombrero Beach


*Note: Our blog serves not only as our family scrapbook, but this week, it is our vacation journal. Therefore, lots of random details of our trip. I don't want to be 50 and say "What was the name of that place we had dinner in the keys?" you know?

My day started early. Thanks to the kids, my internal clock is INSANELY early. I had coffee on the patio, overlooking the channel. I had a great talk with God, being at the ocean just seems to naturally bring me closer to Him as I stand in awe of his creation. A pelican came up to join me, interesting. Tommy slept in and needed to send some emails for work so I was off to the grocery store to stock up. Then we packed up for Sombrero Beach. We sat in the sun, talked, and people watched. We are reading Tony Dungy's new book, love it! I read a little, Tommy listens. A good arrangement for us. 2 hours in the sun, even with SPF 50 produced some red skin, so we drove to Deer Key and had lunch at Boondocks, wonderful Mahi Mahi and iced tea. Then onto Key West. LOVED Duval Street. Fat Tuesday was a great day to experience Key West. A drink and coconut shrimp appetizer at a tiki bar at the southern most point in the US was a great way to end our day.

Tommy, I LOVE getting away with you. I love the way we easily get back into the groove of just enjoying time together. I love falling in love with you all over again.

1 comment:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Oh Stacey....how wonderful!! I'm so happy for BOTH of you!!!

I agree, being near the ocean (or any of God's large natural wonders for that matter) always seems to draw me even closer to him.

You know I love ya both!! Have a great time! Keep posting...I love reading it (even if it is only 20 some degrees here with snow outside my window as I type)!!

Jamie