Friday, February 13, 2009

No Spending Thursday #1

Our first "no spending Thursday" was a success! We had mom's group at church in the morning and I packed car snacks for the ride home. We ate a late lunch after naps (since they had car snacks). Normally we would have stopped for lunch on the way home. My original plan was to take the kids to the library but I remembered we had a small fine to pay, so we couldn't do that! I found a dollar yesterday (isn't that the best? although $20 would be better, :)) Normally I would have thought "Great! we could run to McDonald's, get a diet coke for me and cookies for the kids!" I had to remember what day it was! So we went out for a drive in the afternoon, just to get out, but we went a different way avoiding all treat stops! So I would say, my first no spending Thursday was a success! Even though I missed my diet coke, I felt oddly empowered! Next week I will involve (read: force) Tommy to participate, he was out of town yesterday and off the hook for week #1. Get ready honey! :)

Thanks for all of the supportive comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I knew you could do it! :) Jeremy will probably need a little coaxing as well. ;)