Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Keys Day 3

Duval Street


Sourthen most beach in the US!



Loved the Key West Inns.



I slept better last night than I have in 4 years! The salty air, sun and palm tree blowing in the wind outside our window were the perfect recipe for an exceptional night's sleep. We took a bike ride this morning over to Sunset Beach. Then laid out in the backyard, right on the channel. Beautiful, calm and protected from the breeze. We lunched at the Cabana Breeze Beach Club, more Mahi, coconut shrimp and iced tea, yum! Then we drove over to Sombrero Beach and enjoyed the afternoon, careful not to stay in the sun too long, I have 3 big spots on my torso where I missed the sunscreen yesterday and I am PRETTY red there! We took a sunset drive over to Islamarada Fish Company (toward Key Largo) for dinner. At the moment we are sitting outside at the house, Tommy is fishing in the channel while I update the blog/travel journal. The locals say it is cold this evening, in the 60's at 9pm, little do they know that is a heatwave if you are from Indiana!

We miss the kids and talk about them often, but we know we will be on parent duty soon enough. The kids are doing great back at home, I hear they are behaving better for Gigi and Aunt Nancy then they do for us! Go figure!

Tomorrow is our last full day, the forecast is 77 and sunny. We will probably do much of the same as today. There is alot to do here, but when you do so much at home (watching the kids, playing with the kids, chasing the kids and cleaning up after the kids) we just want to do a lot of nothing. And we are having a great time, and getting very good at, doing nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having such a good time together. I'm really not jealous at all. :)