
Ok, for the record I was NOT a morning person before children. But since having kids I CHERISH my quiet time in the morning. When I remember to set the coffee maker for a certain time, I am more likely to get up at the most ideal time, 30 minutes before the kids. It used to be 6:30, then it was 6:00 and now it is 5:45. I am noticing a pattern here that is producing a pretty sleepy mommy at about 6pm.
-
-
Now that Logan is free to get out of bed when he chooses, I believe he lies awake just waiting to smell the coffee, jump out of bed and meet mommy before she can even have her first cup!
Well this am, was no different. I chose to hit snooze for a little longer and didn't roll out of bed until 6:05. As I gently closed Logan's door, got the cup out of the cupboard, I hear him moving around. I said a quick "Please God, let him sleep just 15 minutes more" to which I believe God said "Remember when the alarm went off at 5:45? that was your 15 minutes!" :)
-
-
So in order to keep Logan from waking Tommy and Olivia, here is a list of our activities from 6:10-7:30.
- Snuggling for about 10 minutes
- Eating oatmeal
- Playing trucks in his room
- Loading the washer, letting him pour the fabric softener and then play in the water in the washer
- Playing animals
- Watching Leap Frog's Math Circus
- Listening to him shout the numbers along with the movie
- Putting the clothes into the dryer one by one while he told me about each item
And now he is taking a shower with dad.
-
-
Whew. I am exhausted! but what a great start to the day with my little guy!
2 comments:
You are such a good mama!!! I understand needing that quiet time. Sometimes I try to steal it after the kiddies are asleep at night. If Matt is gone I obviously have it...but if he is home I just go on a nice long walk. It's my time to just BREATHE.
Miss you. Love you.
J
PS. I have been busy the past week or so and when I got on your blog last night I commented...then I kept scrolling down to your past posts...I had missed a LOT of posts!!! I can't believe the pics of the fence. How scary!!!! Anyway, I felt like a bad friend because I haven't been keeping up. I'll try harder!!
Stacey, You are such an awesome mama!!! I need so badly to do that...to have a quiet time in the morning but have never done that. I think I would be better off for getting up before my kids to have some down time. Awesome that you could see the joy of such an early time in the morning.
Post a Comment