Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pulling the plug on home phones

I read this article this (put the link of the wrong 'this', but you get the idea) morning, about the number of American households doing away with their landlines. We have given this some serious thought but haven't done it quite yet. Having access to local 911 was the issue I was seeing over and over and it seems this issue has been resolved. Have you all considered this? Have any of you done it?

3 comments:

Susie said...

I would love to make the leap of no home phone but I still am weighing the decision. Anyone that I know that has recently moved or built a new home has not hooked up a home phone. They all seem to be surviving! You know how busy I am, so the thought of actually being home to receive calls is far-fetched! I think it is time to make the leap but you could help "push" me if you decide to unplug!?!!? HA!

love ya
susie

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

OK...I know I may be alone on this one, but for me I am hesitant to get rid of my landline because I won't let the kids talk on my cell phone. I've just read soooo much literature that talks about how terribly bad it is for everyone...but especially for children. One report I read said that after examining a child's head ONE HOUR after he talked on a cell phone they could still detect the radiation.

I'm just not comfortable with that.

Miss you and GREAT talking to you today!!

J

Jenna said...

We don't have a home phone at our house and the family that owned it before us didn't have one either! I am a bit afraid of what we will do when Jentry is bigger and wants to talk to her grandparents but I'm hoping cell phones will become safer before we get to that point.