Thursday, August 28, 2008

Childhood Emotions


I distinctly remember being very emotional as a child, at times, over little things as well as big things. I imagine that just as I have hard days, trying to figure out my own emotions, our kids much go through the same thing. This morning Olivia decided to let her Elmo balloon (from a birthday party over the weekend) go up to see God. We have done this in the past with other balloons and it has not been a big deal. But this morning, she was playing with Elmo and decided she wanted to do it. SO we all do outside for the balloon-freeing ceremony. I think it is so neat to watch them go. So picture us all standing out there, Tommy trying to get off to work, Logan in his t-shirt and diaper shouting "OH NO! ONEY! (mommy) OH NO!) I am enjoying the beautiful sky with the speck of Elmo flying away and we look down and Olivia is in SERIOUS tears! You know how you can tell when your child is really having a problem, or just being dramatic? This was serious.

Olivia: "He is up there all by himself! I just want him to come back now. There aren't any other ballooons up there for him"


We have been crying about this for an hour now and I just can't get irriated (maybe because yesterday I was irriated enough for a year) I just held her and promised her that Elmo is now up in the sky with all of the other balloons we have sent to see God and they are having a huge party.


Figuring out emotions just doesn't seem to get easier does it?

2 comments:

Susie said...

Britt does the same thing! All girls at whatever age have hormones!!!

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
Check out the book "Where Do Balloons Go?" by Jamie Lee Curtis. She will love it. It even has those reusable stickers that you can place in certain areas of the book. This sounds like something Lydia would do - I agree with susie - its a girl thing:)