Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ponderings of Olivia 8/5

Riding in the car, it was raining...
Olivia: "I wonder if all of the bugs are coming into our house now. Worms, snails, caterpillars, snails. They don't want to get wet."


Yesterday at church she accidentally closed the doors to the bathroom in between the nursery and 2's room. She was very upset, the light was off and she has a major aversion to being in a room by herself without an adult. When traumatic things happen, we talk about them OVER AND OVER. She brought it up again today in the car...
Olivia: "When the door shut, my eyes were black, my arms were black, my shirt was black and my legs were black. I couldn't see anything!"
Me: "But you were not alone, who was with you?"
Olivia: "Mommy"
Me: "and who else is ALWAYS with you"
Olivia: "God"
Me: "RIGHT! So you don't need to worry, there is an adult with you all the time! and God is too!"
Olivia: " I just don't want to go back to church"

We will continue to talk about this one, I can sense that. AND I imagine she will now be using the bathroom at church with the door WIDE open! But hey, whatever works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ethan does the same thing! He will remember things out of the past and bring them up over and over, especially if it is something he found to be scary.