Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thought Provoking Questions


Riding in the car (coming home from meeting Susie and Deanna for breakfast, fun seeing you girls!) Olivia raised some interesting 3-year-old questions about Jesus...

Olivia: "Look mom, a cross on that church, Jesus died on the cross."
Me: "You are right!"
Olivia: "Was he on the back of the cross, or the front?"
Me: "I think the front"
Olivia: "Did his brothers do it?" (I think she is thinking of Joseph here)
Me: "Nope"
Olivia: "Did he just die?"
Me: "Yes, for our sins"
Olivia: "what?"
Me: another long-winded explanation of forgiveness, etc. followed by a pretty blank stare...
Sometimes I feels SOOO unprepared to answer questions that seem so simple but to a 3-year-old are so complicated! I know she has heard this answer over and over, but I can't imagine trying to process it in her little mind! Praise God He reveals Himself in ways we can each understand. For instance, I told Olivia, one day, that even though we can't see God He speaks to us all the time, like when the trees are blowing in the wind, He is saying "Hi Olivia, I love you". Now when we see the trees moving in the wind she says "Hi God, love you too!".

No comments: