I must briefly expand on this one...
I was given the mission to purchase fabric for curtains for the 1's and 2's room at church. Simple task, one would think, right? WRONG! I go to two different Wal-marts, the first has NO selection, the other has alot to choose from. HOWEVER, the sales lady (older, grandma-type, which to me means should be sweet) clearly thought I had been living under a rock when it comes to sewing. (I did have to keep a squirmy Logan occupied and I had multiple phone conversation with Christie and Michelle, regading the curtains during this process but as I said, I know NOTHING about buying fabric.) The sales-lady didn't seem to have the patience for me as I tried to figure all of this out. SOOOO in an effort to be a well-rounded person and in the event I am ever in this situation again, I would like to learn to sew. Just the basics, I won't be making wedding dresses or anything, but making curtains sounds nice.
4 comments:
I want to learn to make A-line dresses...they look simple enough! Eva and I both would wear them! I also would love to be able to sew cute ribbion around burp cloths and make them look like the expensive kind you can buy at Holiday Bazaars! That said, I can't even sew a straight line so I don't see that happening!! HA!!
Stacy, sewing seems very intimidating but believe me when I say, if I can make 3 quilts, ANYONE can sew! I had a good friend that helped me with the first quilt I made and walked me through everything. So much help! And does this mean that Mrs. Gleim wasn't very helpful to you in Home Economics? :)
You can do it? Its not near as hard as you would think. Actually, I find picking out fabric to be one of the hardest steps - so if you did that you are already half way there! Come visit sometime and I'll help you - not that I'm an expert or anything, but I do sew for fun- and I would love to have you visit!
Ooops, I meant to put an exclamation mark after the first sentence. I was not questioning if you could sew or not :) Sorry.
Post a Comment