Friday, August 22, 2008

One of Those Days

I am having one of those days.

I seriously think it would be easier to throw away everything we own (except the furniture and the kids) and start over! It feels like every room in our home needs serious attention today! But as soon as I get one room done, it is only 5 minutes and it needs attention again! SOOOO today, I am starting in our bedroom, and NOT COMING OUT until it is picked up, vacuumed and put back together, then the living room and the kitchen. We will need an episode of Extreme Home Makeover to tackle Olivia's room, so I won't even attempt that room today.

PLEASE let me know I am not alone!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definately not alone! I often feel like I am barely keeping my head above water with the housework and if anything extra or unexpected happens I just might drown!

Susie said...

Just know that the house is just the house, but the memories you make playing with the kids will last forever! So if you take the time to play with them instead of clean, you are making memories!

Mom of Double A said...

You are definitely not alone!
Toys have taken over my house...in every room!

The other day, I had the vacuum out and Avery said "who's coming over?" That's bad if she thinks I only vacuum if someone is coming over! :)

Anonymous said...

That is funny Jill!! Stacey you are by far alone!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya friend!!! I feel like part of it is just the age of our little ones. I TRY to teach Eva to put things away when she is done, but she doesn't always do it. Jaden is not quite old enough to pick up after himself, but he SURE can make a mess. It's never ending. I definitely feel like I'm going to pull my hair out some days - but I try to remember that they grow sooo fast! Susie is right!!

Jamie

Kim said...

Not alone! In fact, I refused to leave for our lunch outing until they had everything picked up!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stacey! Take it from one with experience........I would just love to go back and spend one day playing with my Troy and Ryan (now that they are all grown up). Never be concerned if your house isn't "just perfect". As I look back, I spent far too much time trying to be the perfect "housewife" and not enough time playing with the boys. Luv you all!

Kathy