Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ask... Seek... Knock...

I was meditating on the verse in the Bible this morning that instructs us to ask, seek and knock. To me, that really is persistence in a nut-shell. We are to ask God for what we need/want (as long as it lines up with His word), seek His promises in the Bible that pertain to that request and then knock, which to me means, stay persistent. Keep believing, keep claiming those promises.
Olivia seems to have this ask, seek, knock thing down. She is a persistent little booger and as annoying as that can be sometimes, I need to be more like her! She has the innocence of a child (often times her requests do not line up with the "Book of Mommy" she is to follow. Example: M&M's for breakfast.... I am thinking no." But she is persistent.
I felt God remind me that He perfects us through patience and since I didn't receive the patience gene, I have to dig even deeper to stay focused and positive while we are believing, claiming and being patient. So if you ask me how we are doing and I shout out "God meets all of our needs in abundance!" and "God gives wisdom to those who seek Him!" and "God promises to meet us at our level of expectation, so we are expecting great things!"... I am just practicing my persistence. :)

No comments: