Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Advice

My mom is FULL of good advice on how to survive motherhood while keeping your sanity. Apparently raising Brad was quite a challenge! (Just kidding Brad, I am pretty sure we were partners in crime).

Mom recommends cleaning/organizing one cupboard, drawer or small space each day, that the kids (or husband for that matter) can not undo. I love this because it can give you such a feeling of accomplishment! Olivia's room tends to look like a tornado went through it by the end of the day. BUT she can not reach the top shelves of her closet. SO the games are neatly stacked, the blankets folded and stacked nicely. AND it stays that way! So today I am tackling the pantry! When I am finished I will guard the pantry doors with megaphone in hand. KIDS AND TOMMY! PLEASE BACK AWAY FROM THE PANTRY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!! I tend to try to tackle too much at once and there is no fun in that....I like the one area a day rule!!! Thanks for the advice!!

J